We provide a full range of corporate and transactional legal services to our clients across the Asia Pacific region. Through creative methodologies and pioneering innovative structures, we help our clients simplify the complexities commonly found in corporate deals. We can service our clients beyond the immediate transactional engagement and are consistently involved in the long-term life of our clients’ businesses.
Our corporate team is expert in multi-jurisdictional projects, particularly across China and around the Asia Pacific region. Our lawyers have extensive experience in leading inbound and outbound Hong Kong and China projects, and have helped clients from many different sectors. In particular, we have developed an expertise in retail/consumer, health, energy, technology and financial services.
In addition to transactional work, we regularly guide our clients with respect to regulatory, structuring and strategic issues.
Our lawyers are proficient in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Examples of recent experience of members of our team are as follows:
Merger & Acquisitions
- acquisition of a ten country, 10,000 employee quantity surveying practice by a listed multi- disciplinary group, involving simultaneous signing and closing 10 independent equity and partnership transactions
- acquisition of a HR business in Asia-Pacific a FTSE 100 services company
- disposals of businesses and assets in Hong Kong and China by one of the world’s leading storage and relocations businesses
- acquisition of companies in Hong Kong and China by the one of the world’s largest immigration consultancies
- sale of a foreign exchange business with operations in multiple jurisdictions, including China, to a major Chinese conglomerate by a UK vendor
- a joint venture between a Chinese State Owned Enterprise and a private mining group to operate and manage a US1 billion capital iron ore mining project
- the first global venture between a global beverage distributor and a local operator to provide retail outlets in China
- a joint venture between a high net worth individual and one of the wealthiest families in Australia to establish a multimillion dollar investment fund
- a joint venture between a global pharmaceutical company and a Shanghai biosciences group for establishment of R&D facilities in China
- establishment of franchise operations in China by a global luxury clothing retailer
- cessation and restructuring of franchise operations by a luxury watch retailer
Foreign / Overseas Direct Investment
- establishment of wholly foreign owned subsidiaries and representative offices in China by a listed manufacturing and retail group
- establishing in Hong Kong and obtaining securities licensing in Hong Kong by a Chinese investment group
Read more about Brett Stewien.