GPS Legal supports a range of stakeholders at the front end of the development and construction of energy and infrastructure projects throughout Asia Pacific from establishing consortia, negotiating concession arrangements and preparing or reviewing tender / contract documents, to providing project counsel advice on claims and other issues that arise during the construction and operation phases. Our team has rich experience in a variety of projects, including power plants, electricity transmission facilities, oil and gas installations, marine and reclamation projects, tunnels, airports, railroads, highways, viaducts, waste facilities and water supply facilities.
Our team includes lawyers with engineering and construction backgrounds bringing deep industry knowledge to the table and giving our clients an edge when structuring, negotiating and drafting complex, technical project documentation.
Team Experience Highlights
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge—Advise member of main contractor joint venture during prequalification, tender preparation, tender award and execution phase
- Integrated Waste Management Facility (Shek Kwu Chau)—Advise member of bidder consortium on first attempt by Hong Kong government to tender project in 2013 including project structuring and negotiation of term sheets for key agreements among consortium members
- Black Point Power Plant—Advise owner on gas supply and transportation agreements including project structuring for gas receiving and launching facilities
- International School Campus—Advise school on project structuring and delivery including negotiation of consultant and construction agreements
- Express Rail Link—Review and draft specifications and tender documents for civil and tunneling contracts associated with a HK$70 billion new cross-border rail link
- Central Reclamation Phase III—Prepare tender documents and assessment / evaluation of tenders for a HK$4 billion project comprising reclamation works, seawalls, ferry piers and all associated infrastructure
- Viaduct crossing from Lantau Island to Chek Lap Kok—Advise contractor on claims arising during the construction phase of a HK$8 billion marine viaduct project linking to the North Lantau Highway
- Manila Laguna Lakeshore Expressway Dike Project—Represent government entity to structure and tender 47 km express road and flood control system project on a public-private partnership basis
- Korean Gas-Fired Power Plant—Represent Hong Kong independent power producer to develop a 1000 MW power plant in Korea
- Malaysian Independent Power Producer—Represent Malaysian member of bidder consortium to prepare tender for combined power and desalination plant in Saudi Arabia
- Global LNG Transporter—Represent member of consortium to draft contract documentation for the construction a jetty and gas pipeline in Pakistan associated with a concession agreement to supply natural gas