We have a wide-ranging life sciences and healthcare practice which provides the full range of legal advice to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and healthcare companies in this sector. Our clients range from large and medium sized companies to universities and start-up biotech businesses.
Our experience derives from providing a wide variety of advice. We have extensive experience in advising on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and investments in the sector.
We also provide specialist regulatory advice and have experience in dealing with competition issues in the sector arising out of transactions from licences to mergers.
Our intellectual property lawyers play a key role in advising in the sector.
- One of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, on its co-investment in a Chinese biosciences business;
- Global pharmaceuticals and services group, on significant cross-border acquisition of Asia-Pacific and South Africa business;
- US venture capital group in respect of the management buyout of an animal and crop heath business in China;
- China private equity fund, on its investment through a Beijing-based Chinese medical equipment company to acquire the R&D capabilities of an Italian orthopaedic equipment manufacturer with a view to future listing;
- Two major Hong Kong based health care groups on various joint ventures and acquisitions in Hong Kong and China;
- UK statutory body on establishment of joint venture with Chinese government for provision of heath related training;
- Group focused on medical clinical testing and drug development on the buyout of its joint venture partners in a pharmaceutical business;
- US food additives manufacturer on its acquisition of a group of companies (including Hong Kong, Chinese and Indonesian companies) engaging in the business of pigments production and sale;
- MNC on its acquisition of an international distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients for human health and well-being markets;
- International life sciences company on its pan-Asia disposal of a mass spectrometry business;
- Private equity investor in disputes over an agreement associated with the purchase of shares in a California based lung diagnosis and treatment products company; and
- Health care facility in Hong Kong on the wholesale distribution of surgical and other medical instruments, apparatus, and equipment.