Sonny is a commercial disputes lawyer with a focus on disputes arising out of building, engineering and energy projects. Sonny is dual qualified as a chartered civil engineer and, prior to becoming a lawyer, spent 15 years working as a professional consulting engineer on large scale engineering and infrastructure projects.
Sonny has represented clients in international arbitration proceedings throughout the Asia region and in the Middle-East. He also has substantial experience in representing clients in litigation proceedings before the Hong Kong courts. His experience encompasses a wide range of disputes, including disputes arising out of joint venture agreements, large scale and complex building and engineering contracts, natural gas pipelines, long-term distributorship agreements, shareholder agreements and financial instruments, such as loan agreements and convertible bonds.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, City University of Hong Kong, 2008
- Master of Laws with merit, School of Oriental & African Studies, University of London, 1999
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours, Civil Engineering, University of Nottingham, 1990
- Hong Kong
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Chartered Engineer, Engineering Council (UK)
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (UK)
- Member of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers
- English (native)
- Mandarin Chinese (fair)